Yes, I am retreating! I have not been on an Ignatian Retreat in about 6 years. I am looking forward to the peacefulness, but I am also in panic mode trying to get everything here ready for me to be gone for 8 (yes, 8) days. I am tempted to cancel - there is just too much to do with school, Christmas, and, and, . . . I learned from my first retreat to ignore this temptation. I never went when my older kids were little (under 6) because I could not leave them. Then during the retreat I realized that this was going to help them as much as it helped me. I should have been there much sooner. I went every two years after that, then when Michael came along, all those feelings came back - I just could not leave him. I am still having those feelings, but I know in my heart that I will be a better mom, wife, and Catholic on my return.
So, I am gone for a while. Keep the watch and please let me know what all I miss! Your prayers are very much appreciated.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I am retreating in warm, sunny, Phoenix! It will be a nice break from the 40ish weather we have been having here in NC!
I have scheduled some liturgical season posts to go up while I am away,
No comments:
Post a Comment